Saturday 1 June 2013

Bourjois Fan-Tastic Volume Mascara Review

    The first mascara I ever bought was from Bourjois. I was 12, hopelessly new to the world of make up and militantly planning my look for the graduation party my primary school was having. That mascara was eventually ruined by a well meaning cousin of mine and has long since been discontinued but my soft spot for Bourjois has remained.
    So when I was in the market for a new mascara and came across the eye catching streak of violet that was their new (not so new now) Fan-tastic Volume Mascara, promising thick fans of inky lashes, I didn't really think about it.
   Now for context, my taste in mascara is certifiably weird. I may be one of the only people in the world who actively dislikes Benefit's stand out offering They're Real. I have quite long curly lashes and to be honest They're Real just turns my eyes into a mess of spidery looking clumps, big no no! I don't for a second think it's a bad mascara, but it couldn't be less suited to me if it tried! I'm willing to admit that Bourjois's Fan-tastic Volume may also come under this heading, if grudgingly, for my disappointment lingers still.
   I find it binds my lashes together in awful thick clumps with bits of the formula still clinging to them in tiny lumps; all the while creating the opposite of a fanned effect. There's every likelihood it won't do this for you, so I wouldn't worry too much!
    On the other hand though, the supposedly easy to use fan shaped comb/brush attached to it does require an awful lot of manoeuvring to get the majority of lashes coated in one go and so if you're the kind of person who doesn't like overly fussy products I'd give it a bit of a think before investing!
   I have a hunch this is a more of a difficult mascara than an objectively bad one and I reckon it's the kind that's better suited to someone with straighter, thicker lashes than mine. Have you ever had similar problems with supposedly holy grail mascaras?

P.S I sent this mascara off to a better home where first reports labelled it a great success. Seems like it just didn't get on with my lashes!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment