Friday 22 March 2013

First Foray into Soap&Glory Skin Care

 I'm always a little bit entranced by the packaging of Soap&Glory, it's fun, it's girly and their sales patter is second to none but for some reason I got it into my head that they were a sort of poor man's Benefit for skin.  I love their shower gels, body butters and exfoliators but wasn't sure if I was ready to trust them with the moneymaker. (You don't have to tell me why I should feel bad, I already do)

  The other day I found myself stranded with unreasonably dull, lifeless looking skin and a sweet little buy one get 2nd half price deal in Boots. I gave in to intrigue.

   I limited myself to the Face Soap and Clarity 3-in-1 Daily Detox Vitamin C Facial Wash (serious mouthful) and the Peaches and Clean 4-in-1 Wash Off Deep Cleansing Milk for all skin types. They were €8 each but I got 'em for €10 with  a deal/student card combo! (woo!) My reasoning is that I didn't want to break the bank on stuff I might not like, so depending on how it works out I may have to go back for more of the adorable, shiny, mysterious things Soap & Glory are offering.



   Face Soap has a lovely clean, herbal smell that reminds me a lot of an old shower gel called Badedas whereas Peaches and Clean smells exactly as fruity as the blurb promises with a fresh peach scent that doesn't assault the nostrils.

  I've only done a little testing so far but the results look promising. Peaches and Clean is a product you can really feel working and though my skin was very distressed the day I used it, it managed to calm the whole thing down and evened out my complexion. I would say though that the resulting tingly feeling might indicate that it's not for the most sensitive skinned and I'd even be reluctant to use it as a regular make up remover, so exercise a little caution before buying!

   Soap and Clarity by contrast is very very gentle but leaves your skin looking glowy and healthy with a really unexpected but very pleasant, almost minty cooling sensation. This one I wouldn't be nearly as careful about, it does the job but feels gently enough to use daily.

   I've only used each of these products once but I'm feeling pretty good about them so far, I'd love to hear anyone else's stories of victory or woe at the hands of Soap and Glory!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment