Thursday 4 July 2013

Smoky Blue FOTD

    I was in the mood for a smoky look for the first time in ages (I had a funny turn towards neutrals a couple of months ago) and so I decided to play around a bit with a few shadows that had been sorely neglected. I'm pretty happy with the result and found a way to get the best out of one of the most awkward shadows in my stash.

   On a side note my new found neutrality paid off in that I finally have a lipstick to wear with looks like this that isn't too over the top or intense for day time.




 
Face:
L'oreal Lumi Magique Pure Light Primer
Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation - 110 Ivory
Mac Sheertone blush - Pink Swoon
Make Up For Ever Sculpting Blush - Satin Indian Pink (I think?)
MAC Mineralize Skin Finish - Blonde
Benefit Brows A-Go-Go
Benefit Boi-ing Concealer - 01
Benefit Erase Paste - No.2 Medium
Benefit High Brow
Young Blood Mineral Rice Setting Powder - Medium

Eyes:
Mac Metal-X Cream Shadow - Cyber
Mac Velvet Eye Shadow - Beauty Marked
Barry M Dazzle Dust - 22
Too Faced Exotic Colour Intense Eye Shadow - Midnight Mist
L'oreal Super Liner Luminizer - Black Diamond/Brown Eyes
Urban Decay Vice Palette - Occupy
Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil - Perversion
Jelly Pong Pong Fairy Lashes Mascara

Lips:
Bourjois Levre s Contour - 18 Framboise Exquise
Yves Saint Laurent - 13 Peche Passion

    Sadly the photos don't do justice to the incredible beauty of Midnight Mist, possibly the world's most awkward eye shadow but that's sunshine for you! 

    If you don't fancy the hefty price tag of Peche Passion ( actually a little birdie told me it's soon to be discontinued along with most of the original Rouge Volupte Line), Rimmel's Lasting Finish by Kate Lipstick in number 16 is a good dupe, though the formula lasts much longer and isn't nearly as glossy!

   On a side note  I've been pondering including where and how I used the products as an aside to the product lists in posts like this, what do you think?

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment